Do you enjoy building software? Are you interested in web services and cloud computing? Do you want to make an impact on millions of developers and IT professionals? If so, we would like to talk to you.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Benchmarking team is seeking an Intern Software Development Engineer to join us in beautiful Cape Town, South Africa. Our team focuses on understanding and improving the performance and usability of AWS and ultimately the end-to-end customer experience.
Responsibilities of the role include:
· Designing and implementing cloud-based software solutions to automatically execute performance benchmarks
· Improving resiliency and reporting of existing automation infrastructure
· Exploring and building new ways to make performance data accessible to internal users
We offer an exciting and rewarding experience, with opportunities to work with some of the world’s best computer scientists on challenging problems. Duration and start time of the internship are flexible.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (in progress) or equivalent experience
· Software development experience on Linux
· Fluency in one or more mainstream programming languages
· Working knowledge of relational databases
· Great communication skills, attention to detail, and sharp analytical abilities
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science (in progress) or equivalent experience
· Experience building distributed systems
· Experience with developing and deploying applications on Amazon Web Services or other providers
· Experience analyzing large data sets to identify trends and outliers