MSF South Africa is located in Johannesburg with an office in Cape Town. MSF SA is governed by the MSF Southern Africa Association, which is made up of more than 300 members from seven countries in the region. MSF SA has the following organisational responsibilities:
- Recruit medical and support staff to work internationally in MSF projects
- Provide strategic medical and technical support and training to MSF projects (especially those focusing on HIV/AIDS and TB)
- Communicate to the public, collaborate with humanitarian, health, activist and academic organisations and institutions
- Advocate on specific health issues
- Raise funds to maintain MSF’s medical humanitarian work.
Active-Recruitment of Gynaecologists, Anaesthetists and Surgeons (GAS) for field assignment
MSF recruits a variety of medical and non-medical profiles for international fieldwork.
There are particularly acute demands for Gynaecologists, Anaesthetists and Surgeons (GAS) practitioners to join MSF. As a result, active-recruitment strategies are needed to engage GAS practitioners and encourage their application to work with MSF.
The Field HR Campaign intern at MSF South Africa will have three roles.
- To assist in organising and monitoring GAS related events throughout South Africa.
- To help engage with Southern African Gynaecologists, Anaesthetists and Surgeons in a meaningful, productive and sustainable way using online and offline marketing strategies.
- To support Field HR admin activities
a. Event organising
- Assist in Coordinating all logistics pre and post event
- Attend event planning meetings and take responsibility, as agreed in meetings, for some planning and preparation activities
- Assist with circulating and collecting questionnaires during the event and capture and analyze (with the support of other project team members) data after the event
- After the event, follow up with attendees as per agreed communication plan, via telephone, email and other means.
- Assist in general administration duties as required.
b. Digital & Marketing Support
- Work with the Digital Team to devise and implement evolving digital marketing and GAS recruitment strategies and initiatives.
- Assist in the monitoring and reporting of the GAS campaign, strategies and results using a range of analytics tools. Helping to implement changes where needed.
- Help with identifying new areas for digital innovation where possible.
- Make recommendations regarding developments in digital marketing, social media and mobile trends.
- Implement the GAS communication cycles, including sending out emails and making calls according to the agreed timelines
c. FHR admin support
- Support the FHR administrator as necessary
- Assist in administration preparation of fieldworkers (VISAs, Flights etc…)
- Manage FHR database
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar field.
- Valid South African drivers licence
- Good understanding of digital marketing.
- Proven experience in event organising.
- Office administration experience.
- A strong interest in humanitarian issues.
- Creative and flexible approach to work, and ability to work well within a team.
- Proficiency in English, written and orally
- The ability to apply analytical techniques to raw data.
- Experience in managing digital campaigns
- Experience using Google AdWords and/or Analytics
- Experience using a database
- HTML editing skills
- Creative execution skills
- Length of committment: 6 months
- Estimated total hours: 40 Hours a week (5 days a week)
- Willingness to work flexible/additional hours
- Ability to travel across South Africa
How to Apply
Please send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com with the subject line “FHR_intern_2015”.
Closing date for applications: 22 June 2015, 11:00am
Please note that only shortlisted canidates will be contacted. If you do not receive feedback on your application by 25 June 2015, please consider your application as unsuccessful.