A paid internship in Information Technology Support and web designing is available at Trulegal Media, an online media company based in Cape Town for a passionate, tech-savvy and dependable recent graduate.
The Information Technology Support Specialist will provide direct technical assistance and support to Trulegal Media’s, PC hardware and software issues. Duties include installing and maintaining software and hardware on desktops and laptops, managing the Trulegal Media’s website and meeting with staff to provide one-on-one technical assistance as needed/requested.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to vendors. Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Applicants must have experience with Windows XP/7 in a technical support environment. Experience with Windows 8 is a plus.
- Applicants having experience in supporting recent versions of Microsoft Office Applications is also a plus.
- Must have graduated with a diploma or an undergraduate degree in Information Technology or Computer Science engineering related field.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- A basic understanding of computer network cabling and network file and print services.
- Proficiency in computer applications:
1. Microsoft Excel – Manipulation of data; transferring data; development of charts and tables
2. Microsoft Word – Entering and formatting text; inserting charts, tables, and other visuals
3. Microsoft PowerPoint – Creating and editing slides; inserting text, charts, tables, and visuals
4. Conducting research via internet
5. Strong oral and written communications skills
6. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
The Remuneration for this internship is R 2500.00 per month for the duration of the internship which is three months.
Interested Candidates should forward their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.