The Bag Factory is looking for a part time assistant curator and a marketing intern interested in being involved in an upcoming project by Bag Factory from July 2015 to October 2015.
Objectives of the Marketing Intern
- Profiling “new” audiences for the Bag Factory including identifying and analysing their likes and dislikes, fears and motivations;
- Creating a profile for targeted audiences;
- Helping to develop public programming to suite the “new” audience;
- Managing social media and newsletters with the aim of generating broader PR for the arts through Bag Factory's audience development activities;
- Increasing and monitoring attendance at Bag Factory events / activities;
- Increasing the Bag Factory mailing list; and
- Increasing traffic on the Bag Factory’s facebook and twitter pages.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- have, or be completing a marketing degree;
- be able to work in a team environment;
- work within a set conceptual framework and theme along with the director;
- conduct research and report on their findings;
- create strategies and propose solutions to the research findings;
- implement strategies and programmes that respond to the research findings;
- produce and manage all marketing relating to the Bag Factory and its projects; and
- produce a narrative report post the project.
SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
- CV, including references that can attest your curatorial and or marketing knowledge
- Copy of your ID
- A one page motivation letter
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
DEADLINE for submissions is 26 JUNE 2015
The programme runs on a part time basis from July 2015 to October 2015. Applicants must have their own laptop and access to transport facilities.