The CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
- Sourcing services photographer/s to take pictures and maintain stock of images of the Centre to be used in marketing material
- Source suppliers for marketing and public relations material.
- Maintaining brand catalogue and assist with maintaining record of all advertising and press coverage.
- Planning and implementation of events and other promotional activities
- Preparation of exhibition stand for trade shows.
- Monitoring and managing brand application and compliance on all material visible to clients.
- Record keeping of advertisements and checking of proofs
- Maintaining library of copies of industry publications.
- Maintaining and updating content of ICC website and third party internet adverts
- Promotions e.g. annual year planner, regular Facebook and twitter updates
- Source information on publications for advertising
- Maintain database and provide report as input to Marketing & Sales Plan.
- Create awareness of industry trends and innovative marketing methods to contribute to marketing & sales plan e.g. social network e-Marketing.
- conceptualising and write press release a monthly basis
- Assist in conceptualising and implementing CSIR projects.
- Media monitoring for ICC mentions.
- Monthly stock take of marketing material and internal communication e.g. update canteen bulletin boards regularly.
- Assist with other marketing and public relations functions as and when required.
Qualifications and skills:
- Studying towards a three year tertiary qualification in marketing or public relations.
- Good writing skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good understanding of brand application.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
How to apply
Deadline for applications is 07 June 2015.
Click here to apply