The outcome of the Cadet Graduate Programme in International and Central Banking
The Cadet Graduate Programme equips successful applicants with the required knowledge of, and skills in, the functioning of the financial sector in general and, specifically, the role of a central bank in the economy. Ultimately, successful graduates are awarded the Programme in International and Central Banking qualification.
All participants will be stationed at the Bank’s Head Office in Pretoria from mid-January 2016 to December 2016. During this period, they will receive intensive work-based learning offered by the SARB Academy. Participants will be permanently appointed on a 12-month probation period and will receive a competitive contract salary for the duration of the programme.
If you are a South African citizen with a degree in
- Money and Banking,
- Business Statistics,
- Mathematical Sciences,
- Risk Management,
- Finance and/or
- Commercial Law
– which you will complete by the end of 2015 or have successfully completed in the past two years – you are welcome to apply.
- The duration of the programme is 12 months. Each graduate is assigned to a department at the Bank’s Head Office in Pretoria to complete the practical training
- The cadets are introduced to, and familiarised with, the operations of departments, and the corporate environment and its culture
- The cadets receive tuition at the South African Reserve Bank Academy (SARB Academy)
- They are provided with a strong support system, which includes experienced coaches and mentors to guide them through the learning process
- Academics, subject matter experts in the Bank and other specialist consultants are invited as guest lecturers on the programme
- At the end of the programme successful learners are awarded the Programme in Advanced International and Central Banking, a qualification offered by the University of Johannesburg (UJ) in collaboration with the SARB Academy
- The Bank also considers cadets for permanent positions at the end of the programme.
How To Apply
Apply for the SARB Graduate / Internship Programme
Please attach your curriculum vitae and a certified copy of your latest academic records with your application. The attachments should not exceed 2MB in size.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check, and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
Suitable candidates will be selected based on the Bank’s commitment to diversifying its workforce.
The closing date for applications is7 June 2015. Late applications will not be considered. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department