Key Performance Areas:
- Law enforcement that will include participating in regular patrols (foot, horseback and vehicle) to prevent poaching, unauthorized access and movement within the park.
- Assist with fire management – including wild fire suppression, implementation of firebreaks and prescribed burns.
- Assistance with natural resources management that includes the implementation of invasive plant, alien biota, unnatural soil erosion and rehabilitation management systems.
- Assist with operations when animals have to be culled, caught or transferred.
- Maintaining law, order and discipline
- Execute anti-poaching operations
- Assist with the control of visitor’s behaviour and also the assimilation, interpretation and dissemination of information as tasked.
- Maintenance of fences, water points and visitor facilities such as picnic sites and Trails.
- Assist with the maintenance of tools, equipment, vehicles and infrastructure.
- Assistance with monitoring and recording of resource management data.
- Management of cultural historical nodes.
- Assisting Section ranger with all routine tasks
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities that are required for the job:
- A grade 12 (Std 10) certificate will serve as an added advantage;
- Working knowledge of relevant conservation legislation;
- General knowledge of infrastructure maintenance and the handling of firearms will serve as an added advantage.
- Excellent and proven shooting skills
- Good written and verbal communication, conflict resolution and liaison skills
- A valid driver’s license would be an added advantage.
- Firefighting experience would be an added advantage
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B2 job grade, and allowances and benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Service of SANParks.
How to apply
Please address your application letter, accompanied by a CV at the following address: Golden Gate Highlands National Park Attention: Mr Thulani Maluleke Private Bag X3 Clarens 9707 You may also fax your application to her at fax no 086 536 1218 or e-mail at Thulani.Maluleke@sanparks.org. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful.