Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with planning and execution of internal communication campaigns.
- Assist with planning and execution of social media campaigns.
- Attend campaigns, activities and events on the Bloemfontein and South Campuses. Take photos and write stories for the various communication platforms of the University.
- Write posts for the University’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Create new boards on Pinterest.
- Assist with practical arrangements for video recordings.
- Distribute corporate publications.
- Assist staff members in other units with duties as assigned from time to time.
- Work with the School of Medicine marketing committee to develop future external communication and marketing strategies.
- Write articles/stories for internal and external communication, as well as media channels on activities at the School of Medicine.
Bachelor’s degree in Corporate Communication or Journalism.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Basic computer skills in MS Excel.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s parallel- medium and richly diverse working environment.
- Good writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills.
- Basic photography skills.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Click Here To Apply For Social Media Internship at UFS 2015