Traffic Corporate Media Communications seeks to recruit a highly motivated and conscientious individual as Technical / CAR Support Intern.
The successful Intern will be responsible for all aspects of basic desktop / CAR support as well as training of Staff in the use of the organisation’s internal systems and applications.
Technical Support duties
- To provide application support for and training on the following applications and systems to all Mindset staff especially:
- Company Web
- Google Suite of Applications.
- Media Archive
- Microsoft Office Applications
- To provide desktop support for the following systems to all Mindset staff;
- Perform and troubleshoot an attended installation of the Windows operating system;
- Perform post installation configuration (user configuration, apply service packs, etc.);
- Answer end user questions related to IT support;
- Troubleshoot system startup and user logon problems;
- Monitor, manage, and troubleshoot access to files and folders;
- Troubleshoot connecting to local and network print devices;
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Drivers;
- Managing the inbox, in order to facilitate quick responses to staff;
- To encourage Mindset staff in the correct and ongoing use of the above applications and systems;
- To liaise with Mindset staff on updates, upgrades and changes to the above applications and systems;
- To document errors and change requests for the above applications and systems;
- To liaise with application owners and developers regarding error resolution and user change requests;
- To develop user reference manuals and tutorials for the above applications and systems;
- To design, schedule and run training events on the above applications in consultation with the application owners;
- To elicit from Mindset departments an understanding of their operations and how best these may be served by current or new applications;
- To train all Mindset employees on the use of new applications that Mindset Network develops in the future.
CAR support duties
- Day to day problem solving;
- Reporting technical and operational issues both internally and externally to technical team;
- Maintaining technical quality control for all video and audio media through CAR and reporting issues to production and/or channel manager;
- Reporting of all technical faults to technical Team. Assist in the training of internal and external staff/freelancers across the facility base;
- To be technically up to date on the functionality of all equipment within the facilities and broadcast areas;
- Duplications of any tape format;
- Transfer of master material from a server based system to a tape format and vice versa;
- To tech check all source and master material for broadcast purposes;
- To import daily text playlists and ensure that the relevant broadcast material is available online as per the playlist;
- To monitor the daily play-out (off-air) and report problems to the technical team;
- To monitor the studio recordings and report problems to the technical team;
- To report any hardware or software problems experienced in the CAR/TX environment to the IT/Technical Manager;
- To maintain an understanding of all operational functions within the CAR environment;
- Digitising for Edit as and when required;
- Responsible for arming and disarming the building;
- Liaising with Broadcasters when there are breaks in Transmission and escalating to the IT/Technical Manager;
- Create DVDs and copies of media as and when required and based on a brief;
- Issuing Create daily of as-run reports, verifying that each channel broadcast as per daily schedule.
- Base qualification A+;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Previous experience in a similar position will be an advantage.
- Solid experience in systems training and documentation;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent people skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Initiative and motivation;
- A deep pride in their work;
- The ability to learn and adapt to new technologies;
- Be comfortable working in teams;
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in group work, including:
- strategy discussions,
- problem analysis,
- creative problem solving,
- thinking out of the box,
- Be passionate about improving education both locally and globally in the use of technology;
- Embrace transparency and openness as a general principle.
To apply, complete the google form: http://bit.ly/1KqEQEa
Closing Date: 6 June 2015
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.