You must be based in Jo’burg and available to take up a full-time (Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm) internship, beginning in August 2015.
1. You’re organised, motivated, deadline-driven, enthusiastic and show initiative.
2. You’re able to write print-ready copy in COSMO’s tone and style, have an eye for spelling and grammar, and can self-edit.
3. You’re prepared to take on admin: making phone calls, doing research and inputting documents as well as your own writing and online articles.
4. You’re familiar with the landscape of (and big names in) South African music, fashion, beauty, celebs and news, social media and trends.
5. You’re able to travel to our offices in Sandton. If you don’t have access to a car, you must be able to get to and from events and launches, including after hours.
6. You should be well-presented, confident and able to represent COSMO at events and launches.
BONUS! If you have experience in WordPress, design or image editing, video filming or copy editing, please let us know.
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘COSMO Editorial Internship’ and all the following no later than Wednesday 5 August 2015:
1. Your up-to-date CV.
2. A short covering letter describing yourself (150 words).
3. Two examples of your writing that have not been edited or proofread by another person (200 – 400 words).
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed.