Please note: This opportunity is being advertised in accordance with the company's Employment Equity initiatives.
Responsible for designing e-learning course graphics and animations as per the brief given by the Instructional Designer.
To plan the project and effectively design the graphics and animations to ensure that the project go live date is met.
Ensure that all visual communication supports the organizational message that needs to be conveyed. Ensure that visual communication elements (as deployed digitally or in print) use a consistent approach in terms of adherence to the CI and relevant standards.
• To design content based on the storyboard and to ensure a thorough hand-over to the instructional developer.
• To develop online interfaces and content and to test and refine interfaces according to development standards.
• To develop Technical specifications taking into account minimum bandwidth, the time taken to load any image, animation or movie is acceptable given the instructional purpose.
• To ensure that any animation designed serves a functional purpose and is not distracting; whether created in Flash or HTML5
• To design supporting print media relating to content.
• Participate in knowledge communities, attending events, evaluate new technologies, conducting analysis of trends and industry developments and sharing of relevant information in the team.
NB: The role is not limited to the key outputs mentioned above
Competencies The successful candidate will be required to display the following competencies in this role:
• Learning methodologies underpinning e-learning
• Graphic Design principles
• Adobe Flash (AS3) - optional
• Adobe AfterEffects - optional
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop
• MS Office
Qualifications & Experience • Tertiary Degree / Diploma in Design OR Multimedia
Click Here To Apply