As a participant in the FACT program you will be provided with the opportunity to:
- Train and certify on SunGard Front Arena
- Learn the practical application of financial products including all asset classes and derivatives
- Learn the mechanics of the financial markets, and the process flows from front to back office
- Interact and experience the inner workings of a real big bank trading desk.
- Experience the interaction between the banks, brokerages and the electronic exchanges and execution venues, particularly the various markets on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange)
- Learn from Financial Market experts and work alongside a local team that has more than 200 years financial markets experience
- Interact with international colleagues and experience international best practice and influence of changes in markets and regulations
- Enroll for advanced training and consider various areas of specialization and further learning.
The SunGard Capital Markets team are looking for graduates to successfully complete the extensive program and ultimately fulfill the role of:
- Certify as Front Arena certified professional
- Provide expert advice on best practice configuration and application of Front Arena to satisfy business requirements across the broad user community
- Work on a variety of projects that continuously challenge and afford opportunities to expand knowledge and experience and deliver value to our end users.
- Certify as a developer on SunGard Front Arena (AEF Base Certification) ¡ Write python code to customise and extend Front Arena
- Write code to implement complex business logic to manage complex trades and financial instruments
If you are a soon-to-be graduate and Capital Markets is your area of interest and you exhibit strong interpersonal skills and initiative then this is the career opportunity for you!
- Applications close – 15 September 2015
- Shortlist of candidates for initial interview announced – 30 September 2015 Initial interview – 30 November 2015 to 2 December 2015. Candidates attend onsite 3 day evaluation in Sandton. *
- Successful candidates announced – 4 December 2015.
- FACT program – 4 January 2016 – 28 February 2016. Candidates attend full time training onsite in Sandton.
- Full-time employment – March 2016. The top students will be offered full time employment with SunGard.
*Travel costs will be covered and accommodation will be provided for candidates not based in Johannesburg.
Who can apply
South African citizens who have recently completed (or may be graduating in 2015) a B.Com, BBus Sci, B.Sc degree or B. Tech degree, and who have a keen interest in financial markets are invited to apply. From the initial responses we will narrow this down to 20 candidates, these will attend an initial interview 2 to 3 day process in first week of December in Sandton, Johannesburg where a final group (target = 10) will be selected for the training program beginning in January.
- South African citizens
- Aged between 18 and 24 years
- You must be available to attend the initial evaluation interview
- You must be available to attend the FACT program uninterrupted
- An average pass mark of 60% is mandatory
- Keen interest in financial markets ¡ Computer literate, keen interest in systems
- Highly developed ability to read, write and speak English
- Suitably qualified people living with disabilities are invited to apply
- We are unfortunately unable to accommodate people with disabilities relating to being blind or deaf
- Candidates may not have a criminal record or any adverse credit history
- B.Com Informatics
- B.Sc Computer Science with Mathematics
- B.Sc Business Science
- B.Sc Financial mathematics
- B.Com Investment Management
- B.Sc Engineering
- Other similar or equivalent degrees
How to apply
The following documents must accompany your application:
- A paragraph describing why we should consider you!
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 3 pages)
- Copy of your South African Identity Document
- Tertiary Degree Certificate and full university transcript
If you meet all of the above selection criteria and you are keen to be part of this exciting program, please forward your application and all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Training will be conducted in Johannesburg and SunGard is based in Sandton.