We are recruiting Interns to join our internship programme. We provide Business Support Services (including Professional Services and Outsourcing Solutions), in addition to ICT Solutions, and Retail and Consumer Services to a blue-chip customer base in the public and private sectors.
- Planning, organization, coordination and control of production. They must endeavour to produce as much as possible at the lowest possible cost.
- Activities include the anticipation of production, factory layout, the drawing up of a production plan and quality standards.
- Effective management of organizations' production line to ensure that the highest production standards, at the lowest costs, are maintained.
- Can specialize in various management fields such as personnel and financial management, work-study, training, quality control, marketing and distribution, administration and organization. The nature of the work depends on the type of institution worked for, as well as the individual's knowledge of chemical, metallurgical and other processes.
- With reference to the long-term planning, help with the selection and designing of the specifications of the services that are being rendered. They take part in decisions concerning the layout of the enterprise, the size and range of the product or service to be rendered, the design and organization of the work processes, work standards and compensations of the employees. Short-term planning includes decision-making on scheduling the production activities and the implementing thereof.
- Work mostly with the production system but they also do inspections to make sure that their orders are being implemented correctly. All these functions require team lead to work closely with other management personnel of the organization and stay in contact with the production workers in order to prevent any possible delay in production.
Advantages of the Internship
- Challenge and variety of tasks
- working with people
- Good job opportunities
- National Senior Certificate meeting degree requirements for a degree course
- Compulsory Subjects: Mathematics
- Recommended Subjects: Business Science
Degree in one of the following fields:
- Engineering (Mechanical / Technical)
- Production / Operations Management
A production team leader should:
- be practical and enjoy solving problems;
- be able to make decisions on production matters;
- Ability to work well with others;
- be willing to continue his education to keep up with the latest developments in the field;
- Good mathematical ability;
- Ability to visualize three-dimensional objects
- Degree: BSc Industrial Engineering - UJ, US, UNISA, UP, NMMU, Wits, or BA, BCom and BAdmin with Industrial Psychology and Economics - various universities.
- Diploma: N.Dip: Production Management - TUT
- Some technical engineering courses such as for production and industrial engineering technicians, which are offered, at most of the universities of technology, are also applicable for training as a production team lead.
- A diploma course in Production Management is offered at the Production Management Institute of South Africa.
- Food producers
- Self-employment, with enough experience and capital, can start own manufacturing concern
- Having to work overtime on occasion
- Dealing with difficult staff members
Job Type: Internship
Send CV to: email@example.com
Company Location: Gauteng - Midrand
Application Closing Date: Thursday, September 3, 2015