Our small company presents training and speaking events around the country and occasionally beyond the borders. The events industry is a wonderful, creative and developing industry with many opportunities for someone with the right skills.
We are looking for someone to extend our digital reach, ensure constant content is available on our online platforms and build and network our databases of prospective delegates.
We realise that a young intern will not necessarily stay with us for an extended period of time, but we are willing to invest in your growth and learning if you are willing to work diligently for us during that time.
- Day-to-day management of various websites and blogs and social media accounts including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Slide Share and Hootsuite.
- Development of content for these sites and platforms.
- Listing public events on a number of sites.
- Creating lists of contacts for specific projects.
- Reaching out to contacts, connecting via social media, email and phone and offering of content and promoting courses.
Training will be provided on the company’s CRM system and products and successful delegates will attend our own training on sales and social media in particular, LinkedIn.
A niched training firm specializing in sales, social media and conference speaking.
Proven skill in social media and writing.
The successful intern will need to demonstrate skill in the following.:
- Researching and writing a blog post on a given topic
- Distilling a longer message into something appropriate for Twitter
- Distilling given information into a relevant and useful Slide Share presentation
- Handling a telephonic conversation and communicating clearly and helpfully
- Researching and drawing up of a list of information based on a specific set of criteria
While these skills need to be demonstrated up front, we will provide other training to hone skills and introduce new concepts.
Coaching and training will be provided, but the successful candidate will need to be able to work on their own for periods of time when the partners are traveling.
Ability to work on ones own
Professionalism and accuracy
Closing Date: 15 August 2015