MMI is offering an exciting 12-month internship opportunity to IT graduates who are enthusiastic and motivated, looking to gain experience in the IT field. This position is based in Durban and reports to the IT Manager. The tester is responsible for all testing related deliverables and activities within the IT department. This will include execution of a test plan and the testing strategy.
THE INCUMBENT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• The execution of test plans for each area of business.
• Participate in the change process to improve efficiency of testing.
• Formalize communication to ensure accurate reporting on deliverables.
• Ensure signoff on all test deliverables according to agreed test plans.
• Work in partnership with the Business Analysts, Test Analysts and
other IT and Business personnel.
• Report and estimate on testing requirements and progress.
• Continually build and enhance knowledge of testing best practices.
• Continually improve the testing process by suggesting new and innovative testing methods and testing automation.
• Support the Business and Test Analysts when required for testing
• Build regression test packs
• Use the UAT environment to assess if the system supports day to day business and user scenarios and ensure the system is sufficient and correct
THE APPLICANT SHOULD MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS:
• Completed B.Com / B.Sc. degree, or IT Diploma, or equivalent 3 year IT qualification
• IT work experience will be advantageous
• Agile development methodology knowledge advantageous
• Ability to work under pressure and manage a crisis effectively
• Be a team player
• Be able to work independently when required
• Attention to detail
• Good analytical thinking skills
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to the following statutory checks:
Click Here To Apply.
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy. We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.