ProBono.Org seeks to appoint a two Interns, based in Johannesburg.
Starting date: 1 September 2015 and 1 January 2016.
- Interview persons seeking legal assistance or anyone acting on their behalf
- Assess matters in terms of the ProBono.Org criteria
- Consult with ProBono.Org staff attorneys on the best strategy dealing with matters, such as direct assistance, litigation, mediation or another form of legal intervention
- Prepare detailed briefs or memos for legal practitioners in matters that require pro bono legal assistance
- Manage all matters from time of consultation until such matter is closed or referred to an attorney or advocate
- Maintain, build and enhance strong relationships with NGOs, CBOs, law clinics and other pro bono and public interest law initiatives
- Write reports on matters to be used as part of ProBono.Org’s reporting and communication functions, including Facebook and Twitter
- Attend workshops and seminars on behalf of ProBono.Org
- Facilitate community and attorney workshops on behalf of ProBono.Org
- Conduct research and handle other details in preparation of matters, where necessary
- Demonstrated interest in human rights work, especially involving children;
- Proactive attitude, with enthusiasm for ProBono.Org’s mission and vision;
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills and
- Valid Driver’s licence and driving experience preferred (not required).
- Preferred qualifications and experience
- An appropriate law qualification, (L LB) with some practical experience
- Knowledge of SA’s socio-economic environment and how it impacts on legal justice
Opportunity closing date: Monday, 31 August, 2015
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply, submit a motivational letter, your CV with copies of qualifications and two contactable references to Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 011 339 6080.