Our Risk Management team is responsible for protecting EY from the risks that arise from its professional practice. The team works closely with all parts of the business to identify and manage EY's risk, providing coordinated advice and assistance on independence, conflicts, compliance, regulatory, policy, security and risk management issues, as well as dealing with claims and any queries regarding EY ethics.
By overseeing the operation and monitoring of key risk processes, Risk Management helps to manage the threat of litigation, avoid regulatory enforcement and limit damage to our reputation.
The RM Intern role is a multi-dimensional role within the RM team with a number of focus areas including risk process and integration, risk management, quality management, process compliance, as well as an element of admin support to the risk management team.
- Demonstrate capabilities and professional knowledge appropriate for Staff level. Demonstrate ability to digest, incorporate and leverage new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in Risk Management
- Take full responsibility for tasks, including consistent review of own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision
- Execute procedures, perform detailed data analysis, reach conclusions, document results, and suggest ideas for efficiencies
- Build knowledge of core RISK and begin to understand the comprehensive scope of Risk Management practices and competencies
- Supporting the broader Africa Region RM team as called upon from time to time
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to travel, as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
- Pursuing degree in Commerce, Risk Management, Accounting, Business Management or related fields
- On track to meet requirements to sit for relevant certification exam(s) upon degree completion
- A strong academic record, including, without limitation in course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read, and communicate effectively both written and verbally in a professional environment
- Previous exposure to or internship in the field of consulting, or educational experiences and interests that demonstrate a strong affinity towards a career in consulting
- Demonstrated characteristics of a forward thinker and self-motivator who thrives on new challenges and adapts to learning new knowledge
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Who we are:
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
Please note: Preference will be given to PDI candidates.