The South African Human Rights Commission invites interested graduates to apply for an internship position. Interns must demonstrate a commitment to human rights.
|PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION||LLB Degree|
Basic Understanding of PAIA
Work Experience would be beneficial, although not mandatory
|• Receipt, filing and recording of all Section 51 manuals received from private bodies in terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA)|
• Timeously and accurately respond to enquiries from internal and external stakeholders regarding all matters pertaining to section 51 manuals, including but not limited to prescribed contents of manuals, receipt, filing and recording of manuals
• Assistance with PAIA Advocacy promotion and advocacy interventions, including but not limited to assisting with preparation of documents and logistics for events, attending training initiatives hosted by the PAIA unit and preparing event reports
• Undertake basic research in respect of PAIA related matters / issues / topics
• Attend to and assist with PAIA related complaints and enquiries
• Provide general ad hoc assistance to the PAIA Unit
|Johannesburg, Head Office|
NB: Computer literacy (Ms Word, Excel, E-mail and the internet) is a general requirement in all service fields.
Note: * A monthly stipend of R5 223.00 is payable throughout the duration of the internship (5 months)* There is one (1) intern position available. *Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly submit a one page cover letter, CV and academic record to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16h30 on 12 August 2015. Quote Internship on the subject line. Please note that candidates will be required to undergo competency assessments and subject themselves to security clearance procedures.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
* Should you not hear from the Commission within one month after the closing date of the advert you should consider your application unsuccessful.
* The SAHRC reserves the right not to make an appointment.