Secretarial assignments include such duties as office coordination, scheduling meetings, preparing and maintaining office records, reports and correspondence pertaining to the programme and/or management staff's areas of responsibility.
I. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
a) Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments for professional(s) and/or management staff and provides information to callers requiring knowledge of the organisation’s operations, management's point of view, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
b) Composes and types routine letters, memoranda, reports, minutes of meetings, technical material, numerical data, charts and forms; and maintains confidentiality of documents and information received.
c) Sorts, opens, and distributes incoming mail to staff; associates incoming correspondence with files or related materials needed for meetings, correspondence and reports.
d) Maintains the diaries of management team, schedules and arranges meetings and conferences for professional(s) and/or management staff and notifies interested parties and takes minutes or recordings of meetings;
e) Makes travel reservations as needed
f) Establishes and maintains office files, logs, indexes, control records, or other information concerning the work under the supervisor's control.
g) Determines needs and orders office supplies, equipment, repair and maintenance services through appropriate channels.
h) Operates standard office equipment.
i) Manage petty cash, undertake basic bookkeeping duties, including preparing expenditure and drawdown reports
II. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Office practices, procedures, and computer software programs.
· Correct English usage and grammar.
· The organization and composition of letters, minutes and reports.
Skill in typing of above 40 net words per minute.
· Follow, apply, interpret, and explain instructions and/or guidelines.
· Determine work priorities and develop a comprehensive workplan.
· Compile with management and supervisor decisions and take appropriate actions.
· Meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
· Perform mathematical and other financial calculations.
· Communicate effectively and pay attention to detail.
· Compose routine correspondence and reports.
· Operate standard office equipment.
Closing: 20 August 2015
Send cover letter and CV to email@example.com