The Intern will work will all administrative aspects of SRHR.
With a full-time staff of 100 people working from offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Agincourt, Sonke works globally, and especially across Africa, to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS. In this way the organisation contributes to the development of societies in which men, women, youth and children can enjoy equitable, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of just and democratic societies.
SRHR Portfolio Administration:
- Developing and coordinating the filing and data management system for Portfolio activities, including maintaining a database of contacts and partners
- Coordinating logistics (flight bookings, accommodation, per diems, etc) of certain meetings and events
- Assist the team with reconciling expenditure
- Minute taking and administrative support in meetings, where necessary
- Assist in making follow up on payments with the Finance unit
- Assist with sourcing of quotations and follow up with service providers
- Maintaining and updating the database of trips attended by SRHR portfolio staff
- Coordinating and supporting unit processes such as timesheets and monthly reports
- Procurement of unit stationery
- Capturing data on Sonke’s data system
- Filing of M&E source data (attendance registers, reports, etc)
- Other administrative tasks that may be required
- Provide administrative support to other SRHR portfolio staff
- Follow up on action items and resolutions that arise from SRHR Management team meetings.
- Maintaining the database of SRHR partner organizations, and relevant government departments
- Maintain SRHR materials needs
- Administration background
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interest in social justice and or sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Be a self-starter, driven with a sense of humour
How to apply
Closing date is Friday, 14 August, 2015. To apply, submit a CV and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
Please include your availability in the letter of interest.