Reporting to the editor of Moneybags and sister website Justmoney (www.justmoney.co.za) you may also have some marketing and social media experience. You may also have some experience in digital marketing, content research, management of social media campaigns, etc.
Duties will include the following:
- Creating relationships with retailers and other companies that offer discounts and specials.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of the people within those companies that you forge special relationships with.
- Some writing. You’d need to upload information about the discount or special on the Moneybags website. You may also be asked to review the discount, special or company involved in the deal.
- You may also be asked to write the occasional feature/news story for Justmoney or Moneybags so this role could also be ideal for someone who is looking to break into the online media space.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Some work experience is preferable. You may have also been through at least one internship programme.
- A degree/diploma or equivalent.
- You must be able to write and conduct yourself well telephonically.
- A valid driver's licence.
- Understanding of web, online marketing and social media
- Ability to think strategically and work well with within a small team
- Administrative skills
- Ability to work across a broad range of roles
- Strong, outgoing personality with good communication skills.
- Motivated, self-driven professional.
Please note: Due to the number of applications received, not all emails will be responded to. If you haven’t been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Please submit a CV to the editor below with ‘Moneybags intern’ in the subject line.
Location: Cape Town
Closing: 31 August 2015