The Diocesan School for Girls, situated in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape, offers a challenging and stimulating educational environment and invites applications for
DSG plans to develop an intern programme and is looking for self-motivated young people who would like to join our programme. We therefore invite applications from:
- People who are currently working towards a career in teaching; or
- People who will be completing their schooling this year and wish to pursue a career in teaching.
Students will be studying through Unisa towards an education degree in the FET or GET or Intermediate phase.
The following provisions will form part of the internship programme:
- Unisa fees and books
- Board and lodging
- A small stipend
- Practical experience in teaching.
The successful candidates will be required to:
- work closely with our academic staff in the classrooms for an average of 25 hours per week
- assist with Boarding House duties.
Candidates from previously disadvantaged groups will be strongly considered.
Applications, accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae and the names of three contactable referees, must be submitted by Monday 7 September to Mrs Angela Southey at The Diocesan School for Girls.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. The school reserves the right not to fill the post. An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview.
PO Box 194, Grahamstown 6140, South Africa