Currently we have six positions for Signal Analysts Internships At CSIR 2015.
About the job:
The CSIR has six vacancies for a Signal Analyst in the Defence, Peace, Safety and Security (DPSS) unit. The purpose of this role is to perform research and development, knowledge applications and technological innovation required for detection, tracking, measurement, identification, protection and countermeasures for sensors operating in the microwave spectrum.
These positions are based in Pretoria.
• Develop advanced signal processing algorithms
• Analyse mathematical systems, their performance and induced system effects
• Simulate and analyse operation-based systems
• Simulate and undertake functional analysis of systems and subsystems
• Implement algorithms on systems
• Experiment with deployable systems to validate and improve algorithms
• Experiment with operational systems to characterise and understand performance
• Design and specify systems
• Develop prototypes using high level language (such as Matlab, Python and/or C++)
• Liaise with and report to internal and external clients as well as stakeholders
• Analyse system requirements, capabilities, and functionality.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in electronic/computer science or engineering with at least one year signal processing or system analysis experience. A postgraduate degree will be an advantage.
• Post-graduate courses in the following will be an advantage:
o Radar and/or Electronic Defence
o Signal processing; o Statistics
o Pattern recognition
o Sensor / data fusion.
• Experience in radar and/or electronic warfare signal processing will be an advantage
• Experience in Matlab, Python and/or C++.
• Knowledge of the following will be an advantage:
o Antennas, o Radio Frequency (RF) systems
o Electromagnetic theory and o Propagation
o SS-F-HR-363 REV 03 Template Advert Business unit Competency area Page 2 of 2
• Knowledge of electronic hardware and software implementation
• Technical report writing and presentation skills
• Good communication skills (verbal and written).
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and surname, position title and reference number on the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Internship – Signal Analysts: Reference No: 305941).
Closing date: 29 September 2015.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.