In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you'll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
The Taxation Services practice of Deloitte in Southern Africa has a team of legal and financial experts throughout the region dedicated to providing professional and robust tax and legal advice on all local and international tax matters.
The Southern African tax and legal environment is complex and dynamic, which makes accurate and reliable professional advice on tax and legal matters imperative. Our clients can rely on us to meet this need, and do so in a proactive manner.. We provide expert advice to clients seeking to do business on the African continent.
About the Job
To render assistance in Tax, under clear instruction and guidance of the Manager/Senior Manager/Partner on allocated assignments undertaken.
The details of this would be:
- Project planning based on clients needs and requirements
- Running and implementing project based work
- Liaising with teams to ensure buy-in into the project
- Reporting of progress of work to management and clients
- Communication with clients to understand needs and demands
- Management of deadlines and reporting
- Identifying opportunities to improve engagement success and profitability.
- Contributing to Tax Reference Files
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- B.Com Tax
- B.Com Tax (Hons)
- H.Dip Tax
- B.Com Economics
- B.Com Accounting
- B.Com LLB (with tax specialisation)
You would need to have the following Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge and experience in MS Office
- Problem & Analytical skills
- Listening and interviewing skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strategic thinking ability - ability to envision future
- Good organisational Skills