The intention of the internship is to give practical work experience to students who are in their last year of study and require In-Service Training in order to obtain their qualification and/or those recently graduated but unemployed and require exposure in a work environment. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 01 February 2016 and terminating 31 January 2017.
Desktop engineers are responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving their computing experiences through effective onsite maintenance, problem identification and resolution activities within established SLAs. It involves working with other Sub-departments and vendors to deliver effective desktop support services.
Distell is a multinational brewing and beverage company that produces and markets spirits, fine wines, ciders and ready-to-drinks (RTDs).
Key Learning Areas include (but are not limited to):
- End User Computing support
- Attend to end user hardware and software support calls.
- Document all new procedures / work instructions and share with team.
- Maintain user uptime and improve computing experience through effective onsite maintenance.
- Check and test new desktop software releases.
- Answer phones (support group).
- Log and follow up on 3rd level support calls. (Server Ops and Application Services)
- Adhere to policies and procedures as set out by client.
- Practice Company and Departmental values.
- Adopt Distell culture.
- Build good relationship with team members as well as client.
- Communicate well with all levels of the organisation.
- Assist with Thin Client conversion project (3 months).
- Assist with PC replacement project (4 months).
- Assist with Thin Client OS refresh (2 months).
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Excellent academic record and at least in final year of obtaining tertiary qualification – degree / diploma.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Sound communication and presentation skills;
- Effective time management;
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Driver’s License and own transport is essential;
- South African citizen;
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract
How to apply
Applications close on 11 September 2015.
Click here to apply online