Our accredited one-year, full time practical print programme (NQF LEVEL 5) is designed to give you a thorough grounding in print media environment. You will master the tools, practices and terminology required to produce professional print media. You will emerge confident enough to apply your skills from pre-press to post-press: receiving a brief, conceptualizing a visual solution; presenting the ideas professionally; executing a concept digitally through the use of a wide range of industry standard application programs such as Adobe Acrobat®, InDesign®, Illustrator®, and Photoshop®, and applying finishing art techniques to take your documents to press, and, finally, presenting the final body of work in a professional manner.
We will seek to provide internships for all students who have shown continued commitment, focus and ability throughout their course of study as and where needed. However, we encourage students to find their own internships as far as possible. In most instances, companies approach us to place talented individuals with them to gain valuable work experience and some are retained for permanent employment. We provide a monitoring function when we place individuals and ensure that both parties are happy with the arrangement. Students & clients will be placed in mutually benefical relationships where both feel a fit. So don’t hesitate, apply today & see your dreams come true!
How to Apply
- You must be 18yrs or older - please submit a certified copy of your ID
- You must be South African Citizen
- You must have a Matric or a Grade 12 pass- please also include any other qualifications as well
- You would be required to submit 4-6 Artworks in any medium and that you would consider to be your best work. Only electronic versions of work will be admissible. Pieces may be submitted as high quality photographs on DVD or CD-ROM, on a Flashdrive or on the Internet.
- You would need to also submit a self-promotional essay of no more than one typed A4 page and using up to 1500 words about your strengths, aspirations, talents and background
- Please send all the above to the Academy Registrar, Margarita Stoffberg - email@example.com in a zipped file no later than Friday 9 October 2015.