The intention is to give practical work experience to those students who are in their last year of study (BA Social Work) and require In-Service Training in order to obtain their qualification and those recently graduated but unemployed and require exposure in a work environment. Successful candidates will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract for 2016. Students should be prepared to be placed throughout all regions and institutions within the Gauteng Department of Social Development.
INTERNSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS OF STUDY AND PLACEMENT AREAS:
1. Social Work [Tshwane; Ekurhuleni; West Rand; Johannesburg; Sedibeng (Sebokeng]
Qualification – Students registered for honours in Social Work
2. Information Technology [Tshwane; Ekurhuleni; West Rand; Johannesburg; Sedibeng (Sebokeng]
Qualification – ND/B Degree: Information Technology; ND/B Degree: Information Management; ND/B Degree: Business Analysis; B.Com: Informatics; Degree in computer science; ND/B Degree: Financial Information Systems
3. Procurement and Finance [Tshwane; Ekurhuleni; West Rand; Johannesburg; Sedibeng (Sebokeng); Head Office]
Qualification – ND: Auditing; ND: Cost and Accounting Management; ND: Supply Chain; ND: Financial Management; ND/B Degree Marketing
4. Human Resources/ Administration [Tshwane; Ekurhuleni; West Rand; Johannesburg; Head Office; Sedibeng (Sebokeng)]
Qualification – ND / B degree Human Resources Management; BA Administration; ND: Public Management; ND Fleet Management; ND: Records Management
5. Auxiliary Nursing [Walter Sisulu (Noordgesig); Mary Moodley (Benoni); Father Smagaliso (Soshanguve); Don Matt era Centre(Edenvale); Ga-Rankuwa; Itireleng (Ga-Rankuwa); Zanele Mbeki (Dunotter)]
Qualification – Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing must be registered with The South African Nursing Council to practise in 2016
6. Community Development (Westrand)
Qualification – BA: Community Development ; ND: Community Development
7. Legal Services (Head Office)
Qualification – LLB; ND: Forensic and Criminal Justice
8. Demography/Population Studies (Head Office)
Qualification – ND/B degree in Demography/Population Studies
9. Internal Auditing (Head Office)
Qualification – ND/ Degree Internal Auditing
10. Communication (Head Office)
Qualification – ND: Marketing; ND: Journalism; ND: Graphic Design; ND Photography
11. Institutional based care [Ga-Rankuwa (Accommodation will be offered)]
Qualification – FETC : Institutional – based care
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO YOUTH WITH DISABILITIES
How to apply
Closing date is 12 October 2015. Applications should include: An official Internship Application form, CV with certified copies of relevant Qualification and ID document. Application forms are obtainable from Department of Social Development’s regional offices and institutions. Alternatively click here to download the form online.
No incomplete, faxed or emailed applications shall be considered.
All applications should be submitted to any Social Development Regional Office or institution or posted to: Private Bag X35,Johannesburg, 2000.
Enquiries: Ms Naomi John, at tel: (011) 227 0021 / Ms Thoko Mcira, at tel: (011) 355 7659.
Via – Gauteng Province Social Development