Do you have wide-ranging interests and a lively, enquiring mind?
Do you love reading? Do you thrive under deadline pressure?
Are you addicted to news and have a good general knowledge?
Are you creative in layout and page design? Are you a techno savvy?
Independent Media has an exciting six month opportunity for Journalism / Communication Science/ English Literature / Graphic Design graduates who are looking to gain workplace experience in multi media production, including page design, page layout and copy subbing.
The successful intern will be required to work on our various titles / departments in one of our three workplaces (JHB, Durban / Cape Town) from 01 November 2015 until 30 April 2016. Successful applicants will receive a stipend for the duration of the internship.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
• Have a relevant tertiary qualification, e.g., (Journalism, Communication Science / English Literature / Graphic Design)
• Be interested in, print, online, mobile and digital media
• Be computer literate • Have excellent communication skills
• Be able to work under pressure in a highly demanding environment
• Be innovative and creative Preferred competencies:
• Good organisational skills • Good time management skills
• Self motivated and able to work under pressure
• Listening skills • Proactive
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Detail orientated
• Good interpersonal skills Shortlisted candidates will have to go through an assessment and thereafter an interview.
Successful candidates must:
• Be committed to the programme for the duration of the internship from 1st November 2015 until 30 April 2015 in the region of their choice.
Independent Newspapers is committed to Employment Equity and Affirmative Action.
Interested applicants who meet all the criteria must submit a letter of application and CV by no later than Friday, 02 October 2015. Please email your CV and stipulate the region that suits you best.
Cape Town - firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Lucien Jacobs)
Durban - email@example.com (Attention: Hajra Johns)
Gauteng – Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Elizabeth Mwale)
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please note that your application was unsuccessful