- Detection and recording of events and incidents
- Investigation and diagnosis (Level 1 Support)
- Resolution through repeatable, authorized and non-complex procedures
- Classification of incident priority
- Functional escalation to Level 2 Support
- Hierarchical escalation to Service Managers
- Manage adherence to the Event Management process
- Ensuring operational delivery of service monitoring in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Manage adhoc operational requests from internal and external stakeholders (such as, Mastercard, BankServ, etc.)
- Escalation of events and incidents as per defined Escalation Path
- Monitoring the stability and availability of business critical services (E.G. batch processing, file delivery)
- Physical hardware intervention per standard procedure
- Escorting support personnel and vendors into Data Centre
- Highlighting repeat or dated alerts to Event Management team
- Populating accurate, comprehensive and applicable Event and Incident records into overnight reports
- Administrative activities relating to shift handover and other operational requirements
- Knowledge transfer from Level 2 Support to improve range of authorized Level 1 Support activities.
- Identification of activity or information that is not compliant with the Service Monitoring framework or impedes the Service Monitoring function.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Working in a team.
- Working with IT systems.
- Dealing with customers.
- Awareness of Standard Bank business priorities, objectives and business drivers.
- Awareness of the role IT plays in enabling the business objectives to be met.
- Good knowledge of the ITIL Event Management process
- Full understanding of the Standard Bank specific Systems Monitoring process.
- Full understanding of the Standard Bank specific Event Management process and escalation paths.
- Good understanding of the IT infrastructure environment that support business services.
- Good understanding of the application environment that supports business services.
- Excellent knowledge of the monitoring tools prescribed used to support the Service Monitoring processes
How to apply
Applications close on 2 October 2015.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY