Non-profit educational organisation Teach South Africa, which works to get graduate skills into schools to improve the quality of education in South Africa, has launched a new recruitment campaign aimed at recent university graduates with degrees in science, engineering, maths and English.
The TEACH Ambassador Programme is a two year commitment. Once your placement has been made, you will teach full time for two years at your assigned school. You will receive on-going support and further training throughout your two years with TEACH South Africa.
Teach SA was founded by the business community as a way to improve the quality of education and, as a result, the country’s economic performance.
Requirements To Become a TEACH Ambassador
South African Citizens:
- Applicants must hold a university degree and must have done Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English or Technology for a minimum of one year during the course of their degree.
- Applicants must have graduated in the last five years or will complete their degree by no later than December this year.
Non – South African citizens:
- Must meet the above criteria as well as hold or be able to obtain a valid work permit by December this year.
Please note that TEACH South Africa is NOT accepting applications from Education majors.
- A record of past achievement: achieving ambitiously, measurable results in academics, leadership, or work experience
- Perseverance in the face of challenges and the ability to be resourceful
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to influence and motivate others
- Organizational ability: planning well, meeting deadlines and working efficiently
- An understanding of our vision and the desire to work relentlessly in pursuit of it
- Respect for students and families in low-income communities
- Evidence that applicants operate with professionalism and integrity
- Successfully pass the cognitive assessment that measures basic reading, writing and comprehension skills
- Pass the assessment to measure competencies for content area assigned to teach
Closing Date: 20 September 2015.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY