Remuneration: Gross monthly salary of R 5,512 (subject to an annual adjustment in 2016)
Rhodes is recruiting in the following areas:
- Drama Intern
- Support Specialist Technician Intern
- Systems Administrator Intern
- Graduate Intern Science
- Graduate Intern Social Science
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 3 year tertiary qualification with no more than 1 years’ professional working experience;
- i.e. those with more than a year’s formal and continuous work experience are not eligible;
- Must be a Black (as defined by the Employment Equity Act) in accordance with the University’s Equity Policy;
- Must be a South African citizen;
- Must be from the Eastern Cape and be prepared to reside in Grahamstown for the duration of the internship.
Required competencies & attributes
- Enthusiasm and commitment to personal growth & development
- Clarity on short and medium term career goals
- High energy levels and a sound work ethic
- Self leadership skills, i.e. reliability and the ability to manage oneself
- The ability to show initiative and work proactively
- Sound interpersonal skills, i.e. the ability to work with others, ask for help, and cope with feedback and constructive criticism
- Sound organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and manage one’s own time effectively and productively
- The ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- Computer literacy, with a basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Email and the Internet
- Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
How to apply
Closing date is 14 September 2015. To apply please complete the Application Form electronically and e-mail it to email@example.com along with a copy of your ID before the closing date. Please indicate the specific internship that you are applying for in the subject line;
No CV or Certificates are required.
Please note that hand-written applications and hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
If you have not been contacted by the 31st of October 2015, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.