Transnet NPA has a position for Business Strategy Graduate Trainee within the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) unit in Johannesburg.
The EPMO is a unit that was established within Business Strategy to facilitate the changes in project demand and create a conduit to debottleneck projects so that streamlined processes can be achieved and benefits realised. EPMO currently tracks and reports on various strategic initiatives within TNPA by ensuring adherence to appropriate project delivery methodology and best practices to enable efficient and effective delivery by the portfolio execution teams.Position outputs:
- To assist in the administration and coordination of the monthly and ad hoc TNPA Strategic portfolio reporting;
- Assist in performing monthly portfolio level financial trend analysis on portfolio spend/budget and prepare reports;
- Administration of portfolio data to drive integrity, confidence and completeness of reporting;
- Assist with managing the development of deliverables & appropriate messaging for management portfolio reviews;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of efficient reporting tools (dashboard) for portfolio reporting;
- Assist EPMO Manager to identify areas of improvement through liaison with Continuous Improvement team.
- National Diploma / BTech / BSc in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Basic understanding of continuous improvement best practices;
- Basic knowledge of project management.
- Creative thinking and research skills;
- Communication skills verbal and written;
- Presentation skills;
- Computer skills (MS Office);
- Report writing and coordinating;
- Analytical skill.
- Willingness to learn new things;
- Continuous improvement orientated;
- Attention to detail;
- Results orientated;
- Sense of urgency;
How to apply
Applications close on 25 September 2015. To apply email your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to TNPARecruitment3@transnet.net (Please quote this reference number: 10154279). Alternativelyclick here to apply online