This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new extension of South Africa’s most read magazine brand. BONA Man was launched in June 2015 and is a new supplement within the main BONA magazine. BONA Man has its own website and social media channels.
The BONA Man Digital Intern will report to and work closely with the BONA.co.za Digital Editor on strategies to drive traffic between the platforms.
The ideal candidate should be an excellent writer with a thorough understanding of local and global trends and be a frequent social media user. He should also have great knowledge of the local celebrity scene.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:-
- Creating and updating content for the website to drive traffic and grow the BONA Man online community
- Creating relevant, highly shareable and on-trend social content for all social media platforms for the BONA Man brand (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram YouTube).
- Assisting with brainstorming advertising campaigns across BONA Man’s digital platforms, in conjunction with the central sales, digital and insights team.
- Assist in developing an ongoing strategy for BONA Man’s digital properties and brand extensions, including mobile.
- Attend photo shoots to capture behind the scenes content
- A qualification in Journalism/Communications/Multi-Media or related field
- An understanding of social media platforms and an active user on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Magazine experience - advantageous
- Basic WordPress understanding – advantageous
- Basic video editing skills – advantageous
Please submit CV and short letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “BONA MAN intern”.
Closing date 9 October 2015