ESD urgently need to appoint three (3) packers for 10 days. The work required will be intermittent or scattered within for 10 days, 5 days packing before the fieldwork from 15-21 October 2015 and five days after fieldwork for unpacking from 16-20 November 2015.
The job is based in our Pretoria offices so all applicants must be based in Gauteng province.
- Carrying full boxes of printed materials between packing and collecting areas for hand-over to the data-collection service provider.
- Applying individual respondent identity labels to research instruments before packing (attention to detail and ensuring of sequential numbering on stickers and instruments is of utmost importance).
- Packing of individually pre-assigned fieldwork materials per school.
- Ensuring accurate packaging by verifying learner, teacher and school information on labels, instruments and related tracking documents.
- Moving around boxes of fieldwork material during sorting, packing, unpacking and other routing.
- Unpacking, checking and routing materials on return from schools after data collection.
- Assist with the preparation of material for data capturing purpose as well (including moving of boxes etc.).
- Computer skills will be an advantage.
- Applicants must have matric
- Ability to work under pressure and a good eye for detail.
- Accuracy and attention to detail will be critically important. The appointed packers’ work will be evaluated at the end of the first day to determine accuracy of completed work. If a packer’s work is found not to be satisfactory in relation to project standards, the appointment will be terminated.
- Ability to communicate well in English.
- Availability immediate for the duration of the period indicate above.
Project timeline: The processes leading up to data collection, through unpacking after data collection are expected to run from 15 October to 20 November 2015.
Applications close on 12 October 2015 at 16:30.