Metropolitan has an exciting opportunity for an intern to join their IT Risk and Governance team based at the Centurion offices. This is a twelve month internship programme commencing in January 2016.
Information Security Management is responsible for ensuring that Metropolitan is protected from information security threats. To proactively address security threats that the environment faces.
- IT Diploma
- A few months working experience will be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in firewall administration duties.
- Monitor security systems and report on any abnormal
- Perform firewall health checks
- Assist in SIEM monitoring and administration
- Report on the threats to create awareness to all relevant role players
- Conduct information security assessments.
- Assertiveness and willingness to learn
- Willingness to work longer hours
- Between the ages of 18-25
- Currently not in a permanent position or unemployed
- Adequate understanding of networking and subnetting
- Thorough understanding of information security and security incident.
- Knowledge of SIEM
- Organisation and Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Goal and delivery orientated
- Self-managed and reliable
- Ability to think creatively and to look for new ways of doing things
- Must be able to function under pressure
Closing date is Monday, 9 November 2015.
Click Here To Apply