The following requirements are needed for the position:
- Currently studying fashion in 3rd year or Honours in 2015 / 2016 (commercial or design students) OR recently graduated OR have relevant work experience in the industy.
- Must have own car and driver’s license (willing to run errands in own car or company car - petrol reimbursed where applicable at standard AA rates)
- Be available to work for four days a week (Mon - Thurs) from 9 am - 2pm (with some paid overtime if and when necessary)
- Must be friendly, hardworking, take initiative to do daily tasks and love fashion!
- Quick learner – must be confident in being able to learn new software and user interfaces.
- Must be able to do a two weeks' training in December before you start in January 2016 (company does close end December).
- Must have some retail experience.
- A keen interest in retail and most specifically eCommerce.
- Excellent English writing skills and good computer literacy a necessity.
Position will pay between R4500 – R5000 (max) a month (neg)
This job will be a great learning experience for any students wanting to become a fashion buyer (great online experience), students wanting to start their own business, design students that want to sell their collections online someday, students that require fashion related experience before they graduate or graduates seeking first-time employment.
The position entails that you:
- Run errands for the business and owner
- Process, package and send customer online orders
- Write posts for the SassyChic blog – “Fashion with Love” about fashion weeks, interviews with designers, new collection arrivals and any interesting fashion news.
- Post relevant content on the social media accounts
- Do quality assurance checks on new merchandise, stock takes
- Organize the office
- Be able to deal with clients that come directly into the showroom
- Choose merchandise according to magazine briefs, style merchandise when SassyChic collaborates with bloggers and help during trunk shows.
- Steam clothes
- Style and help photograph products for the website with the photographer.
Please send your CV with a picture to email@example.com to apply.
The company is located in Honeydew Johannesburg and attends fashion shows at SA Fashion Week and AFI.
**Please kindly note that if you are not contacted for an interview your application has been unsuccessful.