The successful applicant will be placed in a variety of motoring publications and motor manufacturers for about a month at a time for an 11-month period from around 11 January to around 15 December 2016. The goal of these experiences is to mentor the individual in all aspects relating to writing about motoring.
In addition to performing the duties required of them at individual work experiences, applicants will be expected to report to the Guild on a regular basis on their progress, and represent the Guild at key functions and events throughout the year.
The aims and objectives of the Guild are to:
• Endeavour constantly to achieve the highest possible standards of motoring journalism.
• Enhance and protect the integrity of the profession;
• Encourage greater general awareness of the significance of motoring, road safety, motorsport, and the motor industry
To apply please submit:
• a motivating letter/cover letter
• a CV (with contact details)
• a recent clear head and shoulders photo
• a copy of your driver's license (a code B or EB is required)
• a minimum of three references (names and telephone numbers)
• A background or qualification in professional writing/journalism
• Fluent in English written and spoken; accurate spelling
• Computer literate
• A code B or EB driver's license (please do not apply if you do not have a valid driver's licence)
• Own reliable transport and ability to travel
• Own Accommodation in greater Johannesburg area
• A keen interest in all things automotive
• A willingness to participate in a variety of organisations on a grass roots level
• A strong sense of honesty and integrity
• A willingness to learn and work hard
|Remuneration:||R5300 per month Basic salary|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Type:||Contract 11 months|
Details of application:
• Email applications to email@example.com
• Subject line: Application for 2016 Motoring Journalism Bursar Programme
• Applications must be received by close of business on 13 November 2015 to be considered
• Prospective SAGMJ bursars will be interviewed between 30 November and 04 December 2015 in Johannesburg.
• All decisions final. If you have not heard from us by 24 November 2015 please consider your application to be unsuccessful.