The CSIR has an internship opportunity for an who will be responsible for assisting the Service Technicians with the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC systems utilising knowledge of refrigeration theory; electrical schematics; pneumatic and electronic control systems; pipe fitting; welding and brazing; and mechanical layouts gained through work experience in relevant fields. This position is based in Pretoria.
The CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
- Provide professional service to customers;
- Use a variety of hand tools, following blueprints, wiring diagrams, piping schemes and engineering specifications to diagnose and repair units;
- Observe and obey safety rules and regulations;
- Perform preventative maintenance and show a willingness to learn about the technical and non-technical aspects of the job;
- Prepare for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties and gathering materials;
- Carry out air conditioning installations under the supervision of an artisan;
- Document work by completing accurate paperwork and maintaining files;
- Works well with other members of the team, both in the field and office;
- Other duties may be assigned relevant to the field.
- A National diploma in Air Conditioning or equivalent (N6);
- Air-conditioning, electrical and refrigeration experience will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Closing date is 31 January 2016. Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and surname, position title and reference number on the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Air-Con Technician Intern: Reference No: 306098).
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY
Via – CSIR