Eagle-eyed writer needed! Particularly to investigate and write about events in Cape Town – theatre / comedy / festivals / music / dance / art / exhibitions.
WhatsoninCapeTown.com provides comprehensive info on events in Cape Town for tourists and locals. Another of our interns has successfully found a job and we are looking for a new candidate who wants to brush up his/her media marketing skills and gain experience in the world of promotion.
The main focus of the internship will be to research and summarise upcoming events to upload onto the website, manage the Facebook page, compile newsletters etc. There will be plenty of opportunities to improve writing and editing skills, to experience events from a media point of view and to make contacts within the media, arts and PR industries.
We are a very small team working in a relaxed home environment – a great start for a young website and arts enthusiast.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Website management (no experience needed)
- Image editing
- Social media activity
- Reporting regularly to the editor
- Preparing weekly updates and newsletters
- Helping to run the office
- Attending events and writing reviews (optional)
The successful applicant will
- Have excellent written English
- Be a hard worker with precise attention to detail
- Have his/her own laptop (essential)
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Be computer literate on MS Word & Internet with good typing skills
- Be dynamic and driven and full of initiative
- Be eager to learn
- Be a team player
- Preferably be South African
- Be based in Cape Town
Advantages would be
- Own transport
- Knowledge and skills in graphics / Photoshop
Office hours are 8.30am to 3pm. Part time considered for the right candidate. Applicants should be prepared to commit for between 3 and 6 months.
The vast majority of our former interns have found their experience at WhatsoninCapeTown has opened up many more doors for them.
If seriously interested, please send
- a) a brief covering letter
- b) a sample of your written work
- c) your CV
Send it to email@example.com