Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do your friends look to you on Facebook and Twitter for the latest trends, ideas, and online memes? Cerebra is known for the content we produce and online communities we build for our clients.
Cerebra has a fast-paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate is someone who isn’t afraid to step out of his or her comfort zone, and go beyond what is expected of them. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
What we require:
- Background in Marketing, Communication, or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritise time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
- Interested in the issues equal access to learning resources and generally socially conscious individual
- Interest in community development.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit and marketing field.
Before you think of applying for this job, you need to demonstrate the following characteristics or traits. We interview for these, so don’t take them lightly!
- You’re fun. We believe fun is an imperative part of what makes work at Cerebra worthwhile. We work hard and we play hard.
- You have courage. We are doing work at Cerebra that will change the way companies do business forever. Blazing a new trail requires bravery and boldness.
- You’re loyal. Not necessarily to the leadership of Cerebra, but to the best interests of the company and your colleagues in light of our mission to be Africa’s social business authority.
- You’re a teacher. You inspire learning and growth in the lives of people around you. Cerebra is a highly collaborative environment that thrives on more give than take.
- You’re proactive. You don’t wait for life to happen to you, or things to fall in your lap. You go after the things you want. Looking for opportunities to add value outside of your defined scope of responsibility and influence is what makes great Cerebrans, great Cerebrans.
- You’re not kak. Cerebra believes in a healthy, happy, and constructive workplace. It’s a strictly no chop zone.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY