Pioneer Academy is looking for Apprentice (“Intern”) Teachers for Grade 000 – 3 for January 2016. Pioneer has two campuses in Halfway Gardens, Midrand and in Ormonde, Johannesburg. Pioneer is seeking teachers who are passionate about inquiry based learning and mastering the craft of learning.
WHO WE ARE?
Pioneer Academies is a new independent school network that opened in Gauteng in January 2015 to offer excellent and affordable education that focuses on academic excellence, leadership and service, and personal wellness.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are hiring Apprentice Teachers for Grade 000 – 3. Apprentice Teachers are teachers in training and play a limited instructional role under the mentorship of Resident and Lead Teachers. High performing Apprentices may receive offers as Resident Teachers the year after their apprenticeship is complete.
Skills & Characteristics:
- Passion for working and connecting with students; interested in student ideas and their thinking.
- Intrinsically talented and curious people
- Team player mentality – enjoys working in teams and group problem solving.
- Cares deeply about personal growth and also about developing others.
Educational Background & Work Experience:
- Registered and studying toward a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) or 1-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Download the Full Advertisement for additional information.
Pioneer Academies offers a competitive stipend.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an application via our website.