IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint an IT Support Intern based in Cape Town.
The social entrepreneur must be passionate about the power of education to transform lives and communities, and want to make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in a by-youth for-youth educational movement that empowers young people to take their futures into their own hands.
This is a three months contract position.
The successful candidate will support the IT manager in administering, maintaining, and upgrading the IT infrastructure of the organisation.
- Staff support
- Answer calls for support in the use of IkamvaYouth’s current ITC (Information Technology and Communications) systems
- Assist in ensuring all staff workstations are up and running 100%
- Assist in ensuring staff and students have Internet access
- Assist with the installation of hardware and software upgrades
- Support staff in ensuring their data is backed up
- Regular virus checks
- To minimise turnaround time for support calls. Goal: 90% of tickets resolved within 1 business day.
- Managing the IT Asset Register
- Keep track of all IT related equipment at all branches and maintain the IT asset register including donations
- Setting up equipment for events
- Making sure all hardware is returned in good condition after use
- End-user application support
- Microsoft Office
- Team Viewer
- Norton anti-virus
- IT related qualification or in 2nd / 3rd year of study towards an IT related qualification
- Management of laptops
- Knowledge of MS operating systems and networking technologies
- Ability in and understanding of MS Office
- Understanding of Gmail and Google apps
- Embraces and is aligned with IkamvaYouth’s culture
- Committed to lifelong learning and personal development
- Willing to share and transfer knowledge
- Works well in a team
- Innovative and willing to try out new ideas
- Independent worker
Salary: R4 000.00 per month.
Closing date: Friday, 20 November, 2015
To apply, submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “IT Intern”.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.