We are looking for learners that studied any field that relates to Retail and or Business Management that would like to enter the Clothing Retail Operations environment and gain practical On the Job Experience. The learner will access opportunities for further development and practical on the job training in specialised areas of Clothing Retail such as:
Operations (Store level)
In Store level, where the learner will be exposed to various roles and potions pertaining to the functioning of store operations. The learner will rotate between allocated stores every 2 months to learn and gain experience of the different markets and management styles in our stores. The Learner will be exposed to the following aspects:
- Visual Merchandising: The learner will be assisting in merchandising in all departments as required and will ensure high level of housekeeping is maintained.
- Sales: Implement all marketing promotions to ensure maximum sales opportunities are exploited. The learner will be expected to provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements, working to exceed these wherever possible.
- Customer service: Promote customer service and an environment conducive to a pleasant shopping experience
- Point of Sale Procedures: The learner will be trained on point of sales processing tasks/activities associated with the cashier position. He/she will record, registers and attends to general applications with respect to the provision of routine point of sale cahier activities.
- Administration: The learner will perform general administration, filing and cash handling activities associated with the position of an Admin Controller.
- Finance – cash management , management of internal control systems as well as management of fixed assets
- Staff management: the learner will learn from the Store Manager to assign employees to specific duties, by way of their JD, To Do Lists, Plans and Goals as well as to manage performance and development of staff.
The learner will need to have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and grow within the company. Continues opportunities will be given to learners to develop and prove them self’s through practical on the job training.
Positions that the learner will be exposed throughout the 18 months:
- Shop Assistant- 4 months
- Cashier – 4 Months
- Admin Controller – 4 months
- Assistant Store Manager – 4 Moths
- Store Manager – 2 months
The Store Manager in the selected Stores will serve as a mentor for the “Learner”. The performance and progress for this learner will be monitored by the Store Manager, the Area manager and W&R SETA. The focus of this program is to give youth the opportunity to gain workplace experience through on the job training linked to the job discerption of the above mentioned positions. This program will also assist graduates who need to gain workplace experience to obtain their N6 qualification in related Retail Business Management fields.
- N 6 Certificate or will be finishing with N6 Certificate in 2015.
- With the Candidates CV we need a motivational letter from the candidate on why they want to join Jumbo, The Clothing Company.
Any CV’s can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org fax 086 650 9127 or alternatively to email@example.com fax 086 762 9287. CV’s must include a motivational letter, stating why the applicant want to join Jumbo Clothing’s workplace experience program as well as a certified copy of the applicants ID and Qualifications. CV’s with incomplete documentation will not be considered.
The Closing date for applications will be the 11th of January 2016.