The successful candidate will be required to provide project administrative support with regards to noise and mine closure projects. This includes compiling information for proposals, printing reports and participating in field visits.
Job Objectives :
- Provide input into and assist with the development of mine closure strategies, plans, policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development of mine closure project plans, in consultation with senior consultants.
- Calculate mine closure costs that satisfy regulatory requirements.
- In conjunction with a senior consultant, participate in audits and reviews in terms of the client’s mine closure plans and assessments.
- Assist in the development of environmental noise impact assessments and measurements in accordance with national and international legislation and frameworks
- Assess and predict environmental noise emission as a result new, current or future mining infrastructure.
- Contribute to the calculation and presentation of environmental noise emission models.
- Effectively carry out project administration on closure and noise related projects using the organisation’s methodology and principles in order to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, within budget and against our quality standards.
- Provide input and collate information for review and submission of tender proposals.
- Build and maintain relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- BSc. Environmental Science or similar
- MSc. Degree would be beneficial.
- Certificate in GIS would be beneficial.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Mine closure requirements advantageous;
- ArcGIS 10;
- Technical report writing which is understandable by various stakeholders;
- Strong understanding and practical implementation of the MPRDA, NEMA and other applicable environmental legislation; and
- Ability to work independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent communication skills (Both verbal and written);
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to handle stressful situations;
- Strong customer-orientation;
- Strong numerical reasoning;
- Excellent ability to manage one’s time and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and tasks running concurrently; and
- Ability to build and maintain a strong network of relationships.
In order to ensure SUSTAINABILITY in our environment and our business this role will be required to live and uphold the following values:
- Demonstrating INTEGRITY and HONESTY at all times;
- Acting in a PROFESSIONAL manner;
- Working together as a TEAM ;
- Demonstrating CARE ;
- Delivering FLEXIBLE and PRAGMATIC solutions;
- Demonstrating PASSION ; and
- Being FUTURE FOCUSED .
An all-inclusive remuneration package will be on offer. Applicants need to be prepared to undergo a complete psychometric evaluation as part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in their CVs. The closing date for applications is 30 November 2015 . Applicants are requested to submit a detailed CV and academic transcript to email@example.com.
If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.