National Senior Certificate (Matric/Grade 12) with two or more of the following subjects:
· Physical Science;
· Technical Drawings
If you attended a technical high school it will count in your favour.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of an electrician, and will be expected to perform the following duties and studies:
· All Trade related training;
· Theoretical training (complete N subjects at college);
· Practical training ;
· SA Power related training.
Duties / Responsibilities:
· Read, interpret, and execute drawings, schematics and electrical code specifications;
· Test electrical and equipment and parts for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance;
· Install, repair, or replace AC/DC motors and drives, transformers, motors, starters, relays, and electrical controls;
· Install repairs, or replace electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, lighting, and alternative electrical parts;
· Do preventive maintenance and testing of electrical systems (including power distribution equipment);
· Install electrical circuits, as well as panels, conduit, protecting devices, switches;
· Correct connections and wiring on equipment controls wherever incorrect applications may cause harm and dangerous conditions;
· Comply with standards and procedures of industry and abide by safety rules.
A candidate must:
· Meet the minimum qualification requirements:
· A full grade 12 with good results in Mathematics, Physical Science and Technical Drawing. Alternatively an N2 or N3 technical certificate with supporting language subjects at Grade 12 level with Mathematics, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Trade Theory and Engineering Science as subjects.
· Candidates from academic high schools with only physical science and mathematics and who have a strong interest in an electrical apprenticeship are encouraged to apply.
· Be willing to work overtime if the need arises;
· Have a valid RSA drivers’ license;
· Have own transportation.
Closing Date: 27 November 2015
To apply, please forward a comprehensive CV with academic results to firstname.lastname@example.org