The Sol Plaatje Municipality has 2 Financial Internships available within the Financial Services Directorate on a 2-year contract (Ref. 2015/060)Salary: R100 000 – R150 000 per annum (no benefits)
- BCom degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Computer literacy (MS Excel)
- Knowledge of the Municipal Finance Management Act, 56 of 2003 (MFMP) will be an added advantage
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
How to apply
- Attend meetings as will be guided/directed by the CFO and other senior staff
- Assist in the implementation of the MFMA, mSCOA and prepare budgets and financial statements and general financial functions
- On-the-job training in various areas of financial management, supply chain and assets management
- Complete portfolio of evidence for submission quarterly to the CFO in line with the guidelines issued by National Treasury on Municipal Financial Management Internship programme
- Attend to further Education and Training in line with skills development as agreed upon in terms of the contract.
How to apply
Closing date is 13 November 2015 @ 16:00. Application forms can be obtained from: • Sol Plaatje Municipality, New Civic Building, cnr Bultfontein and Lyndhurst Avenues, at www.solplaatje.org.za/work.php or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the reference number and vacancy particulars. Applications will not be considered if received after the closing date/time or incomplete (without application form and certificates).To apply, forward the Sol Plaatje application form, accompanied by a cover letter, CV and applicable certified copies of ID and qualifications, to fax: 086 650 0314 or e-mail: email@example.com or hand deliver for attention: Miss Christine Janse.
Telephonic enquiries: Miss Christine Janse, tel. (053) 830-6705