• Tertiary qualification advantageous
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Social media familiarity
• Basic Photoshop (or equivalent skills
• Good writing skills
Skills & Competencies
• Excellent English written skills
• Sub editing skills
• Copy tasting skills
• Basic photo editing skills
• Translating from Afrikaans to English advantageous
• Keen eye for detail
• Willing to learn
• Ability to work to deadline
• Enjoy engaging with people online
• Flexible and proactive
• Fast learner
• Able to handle responsibility without continuous direction.
The applicant must be a junior, senior or graduate student at the time the application is submitted, but may have graduated before beginning the internship. The intern would preferably have had at least one previous internship at a digital/media organization although this is not a requirement.
Duties & Responsibilities
The intern will gain technical experience working with HTML, Photoshop and our database-driven content management system. In addition, he or she will acquire more journalistic skills, including writing headlines and summaries and sharpening his or her news/features judgment. The internship is intended to teach the skills used by a content producer for TRUE LOVE.
As the internship progresses, the intern can expect to contribute more and more to the coverage. Candidates will preferably know some HTML and Photoshop and have a demonstrated interest in journalism, fashion & beauty and entertainment and a familiarity with TRUE LOVE.
• Load articles in the appropriate sections on the website
• Localise international articles
• Perform routine maintenance tasks on legacy content on the website, including to improve SEO
• Update content
• Load articles in the Multimedia section
• Upload Multimedia content related to TRUE LOVE
• Populate and update sponsored sections as required.
• Perform routine tasks required to keep the digital properties fresh and updated.
• Attend related events when requested.
Close Date: 2015/11/26
CLICK HERE TO APPLY