We make data-driven decisions about which messages to share and where/when to share them. We are always looking for new ways to engage with the South African audience online and inspire them to act. We actively monitor and constantly vary our digital activities to best connect with our audience.
Our objectives are to raise awareness of MSF and its activities, inspire South Africans to donate and assist with the recruitment of medical and support staff to work internationally in MSF projects.
The Digital Marketing Intern at MSF Southern Africa will be instrumental in helping the organisation raise funds and lower costs using digital media strategies. The intern will be expected to contribute towards MSF’s objective of becoming increasingly digital.
The role will play a direct part in the growth of online fundraising activities in South Africa, helping to maximise current online channels and identifying new areas of growth. The role will also play a part in managing online communications with current donors, potential donors and other audiences; as well as the development and deployment of innovative digital marketing strategies and initiatives.
The Digital Intern reports to the Digital Campaign Coordinator and is part of the Digital Team.
- Work with the Digital Team to devise and implement evolving digital marketing and fundraising strategies and initiatives
- Assist in the implementing, monitoring and reporting of campaigns, strategies and results using a range of analytics tools. Helping to implement and recommend changes where needed
- Assist with the optimisation of digital marketing channels and msf.org.za, working towards strong conversion rates, increasing lead traffic and improving return on investment
- Ensure that all donation pathways function optimally
- Help with identifying new areas for digital innovation where possible
- Make recommendations regarding developments in digital marketing, social media and mobile trends
- Use Drupal 7 to update and manage online content, marketing and donation processes
- Studies in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar field
- Basic understanding of digital marketing (SEO, SEM, display advertising, etc)
- Experience in managing digital or social media campaigns a distinct advantage
- The ability to apply analytical techniques to raw data
- A strong interest in humanitarian issues
- Creative and flexible approach to work, and ability to work well within a team
- Proficiency in English, written and orally (including copywriting and proofreading skills)
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and interdepartmentally
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to carry out different tasks simultaneously and to prioritise time and resources accordingly whilst maintaining an overview of all activity
- Good interpersonal, team-working and negotiation skills
- A positive mental attitude, persistence and the desire to learn
- The ideal candidate for this role will be hard working and fast learning
- Experience using Google AdWords and/or Analytics
- Experience using a database
- Image/Video editing skills
- HTML editing skills
- Experience using a Content Management System (CMS) (Drupal 7 beneficial)
- An awareness of industry best practice
- Length of committment: Six (6) months
- Estimated total hours: Twenty-four (24) hours/week | three (3) days per week
Please complete the application form HERE by the 22nd of January 2016 at 15:00. CVs without Cover Letter will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.