The following competencies are included in the Africa Brand, Marketing & Communication (BMC) team: Brand leadership, Communication, Marketing, Advertising, Sponsorships, Alumni, Corporate Responsibility, Digital communication, Social media, Media relations, CRM, Events & Creative Services.
The Africa Creative Services team is responsible for the design and production of proposals and marketing collateral that support our business objectives. The Creative Services team has its hub in Johannesburg with key spokes in major centres across Africa and forms part of the Brand, Marketing & Communications. This role is based in Sandton, Johannesburg.
Key elements – what is required
- Actively contribute to driving and leading innovation in specialisation areas such as print, digital and production
- Proactively share ideas with the Africa Brand, Marketing and Communication management team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors that will assist the firm in achieving its objectives
- Strategic support in terms of creative design and approach to the business leaders and managers involved in projects allocated to the senior graphic designer
- Proactively contribute to the firm’s culture of high performance teaming
This role is mainly focused on developing concepts and implementing the creative design and layout of brochures, marketing collateral, proposals and other marketing material for internal and external distribution.
The key areas of accountability include:
- Quality – Adherence to agreed branding/design initiatives. Deliver and maintain a consistently high standard of quality. Apply innovative thinking to design problems to present the best possible solution to the business.
- Market Leadership – Ongoing support and communication to the firm on our design standards. Support the firm’s strategy and contribute towards consistent execution of brand strategy.
- People – Develop and maintain relationships with all clients. Provide continual support and ideas. Synergistic approach and interaction within studio team. Be a valued member of the AI&BD team and support their initiatives.
- Operational excellence – Concept to design, production, print and delivery of sales proposals, brochures and other marketing collateral, monthly internal publications, adverts, function material, posters, original artwork, multimedia etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graphic design qualification (minimum 3 years)
- Suitable technical training.
- Mac OS
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage people in an effective way.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- Good personal time management skills.
- Proactive, focused, able to work well under deadline pressure.
- Ability to self-manage
Click here to apply online