In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. Forensic professionals enable businesses to operate effectively by identifying key risks through the scientific interpretation of commercial information!
The Deloitte Financial Crime Graduate Trainee Programme aims to develop technical and professional growth and development in graduates who are interested in building a dynamic multi-disciplinary career in Forensics. During the Programme, trainees will receive a combination of formal and practical and on-the-job training to develop their skill set and achieve the required competencies.
Additionally our professional learning enables trainees to become well-rounded business people with a holistic and client-centered approach. Our mentoring programme ensures that all graduate trainees will have access to individual coaches and mentors who will provide them with continual guidance and feedback on performance.
Our Forensic Graduate Trainee Programme provides a world-class platform for students who want to launch their career in an exciting and dynamic environment supporting global clients and working alongside key industry experts. Graduate Trainees will gain specific exposure in the Financial Crime and Investigative sectors of the Forensics service offering.
As a minimum entrance requirement, we are looking for individuals with the following undergraduate degrees:
- B.Com Accounting
- B.Com Internal Audit
- B.Com Forensics
- B.Com Risk Management
- B.Com LLB
- Postgraduate qualifications are advantageous
- Relevant degrees/diploma will be considered
You will need to display the following behavioural characteristics:
- Open to Learning
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- During the 12 months of the programme candidates would have received hands on experience in various aspects of financial crime compliance, including but not limited to:
- Money laundering key concepts and techniques;
- Understanding of the South African regulatory requirements with regards to anti-money laundering and combatting the finance of terrorism;
- In depth understanding and experience with customer identification and verification requirements for accountable institutions such as banks and insurance companies;
- Understanding of transactional analysis and the duty to identify and report certain cash transactions and suspicious activity;
- Procedures and controls related to high risk customers;
- High level understanding of a risk based approach; and
- Knowledge of the history of sanctions, sanctions regulatory requirements and key controls related to sanctions.
- There is currently a significant skills gap in the South African market of individuals with financial crime knowledge and experience. The experience gained on the programme will allow candidates to pursue a career in the following areas:
- Financial crime consulting/advisory;
- Financial crime compliance function within a bank or other financial institution;
- Risk management function; or
- Internal audit
CLICK HERE TO APPLY